This is the most comforting thing I’ve read in my search for answers.
“Gaslighting is a form of psychological abuse where a person or group makes someone question their sanity, perception of reality, or memories. People experiencing gaslighting often feel confused, anxious, and unable to trust themselves … Gaslighting often develops gradually, making it difficult for a person to detect.”
Gaslighting occurs when there’s betrayal, abuse, or we’re living with a narcissistic partner or spouse.
Common symptoms of gaslighting include the following:
- Feeling disoriented and confused; not knowing what is true and what isn’t true; questioning your understanding of reality; questioning your memory of events
- Wondering if you’re crazy
- Feeling anxious about making decisions, even very simple decisions
- Constantly second guessing yourself; always wondering if ‘you got it wrong’
- Constantly asking yourself if you are far are too thin-skinned and sensitive; feeling like you need to apologize all the time for who you are or what you say and do
View original post 383 more words